About Preparatory Training program Details:
The training will help the students to get fruitful results, and also help the students to clear there examination smoothly. Our preparatory Training course will be 9 days which will be training (Theory + Practical) and the last day for mockup examination only. After our complete training program TWI conducting 5 days out of 4 days will be the training (Theory + Practical) and the last day final examination only. The Training & Examination will be conducted by TWI, India.
The course will provide an overall perspective on the following:
The duties and responsibilities of a welding inspector; fusion welding processes; typical weld defects; types of steel; carbon-manganese, low alloy and stainless steels; hardening of steels; weldability; heat treatment; parent metal defects; visual inspection; testing parent metals and welds; destructive tests; NDT techniques; welder and procedure approval; codes and standards; outline of safe working practices; practice in examination questions; continuous and end-of-course assessment.
• To understand factors which influence the quality of fusion welds in steels
• To recognise characteristics of commonly used welding processes in relation to quality control
• To interpret drawing instructions and symbols to ensure that specifications are met
• To set up and report on inspection of welds, macrosections and other mechanical tests
• To assess and report on welds to acceptance levels
• To confirm that incoming material meets stipulated requirements and recognise the effects on weld quality of departure from specification.
Inspectors, technologists, engineers, or experienced welders and welding supervisors who are involved in new welding fabrication, repairs, alteration, or inspection of welded pressure equipment.
- Welding Inspector for a minimum of 3 years with experience related to the duties and responsibilities.
- Certified Visual Welding Inspector for a minimum of 2 years with job responsibilities in the areas listed in
- Welding Instructor or Welding Foreman / Supervisor for a minimum of one year.
Insight Quality Services, Office No. 507/508, 5th Floor, Office No. 414, 4th floor, Building No.1 , Siddharth Towers