Occupational Health and Safety Management System (OHSMS) is a fundamental part of an organization's risk management strategy.
The new ISO 45001 Occupational Health and Safety Management System (OHSMS) promotes a safe and healthy working environment to:
- Reduce occupational health and safety risk
- Prevent work-related incidents
- Improve legislative compliance
This course is useful for all those who are planning to implement ISO 45001:2018, or transition from OHSAS 18001:2007 to ISO 45001. It will help personnel at all levels and can be an essential course for Senior Management, Managers and Line Managers who are assigned the responsibility for its implementation.
ISO 45001 is be the new international standard for an OHSMS. While it is similar to the previously popular standard, OHSAS 18001, the new ISO 45001 standard adopts the Annex SL top-level framework of all new and revised ISO management system standards.
- An understanding of the new structure of the standard
- A basic knowledge of Health & Safety Issues
- An appreciation of Risk Analysis process
- Detailed review and interpretation of the main requirements of ISO 45001:2018
The course uses a mixture of taught sessions, interactive group discussions and exercises, to achieve its aims.
Course Modules :
- Introduction to the 10-clause structure
- Introduction to ISO 45001:2018
- Detailed review of the requirements
- Interpretations of clauses
- Documentation for implementation.
- Comparison between OHSAS 18001:2007 and ISO 45001:2018
- Exercises and quizzes