Welding is the most important joining process. The integrity of any product depends on the weld quality. Welding inspection is of utmost importance, and a certified welding inspector is the right person to carry out this inspection. Being rightly methodic, the AWS welding inspector program contributes largely in making you a knowledgeable and expert welding inspector. The industry is looking for not just certification, but expertise in your work. This program hones your skills to a degree required by the demanding market, and opens up new avenues for you.
The course is designed to cover all the requirements for becoming a knowledgeable and competent welding
Course objectives - AWS (American Welding Society), the leading authority in the field of welding inspection, has demonstrated their commitment to bring industry the best and most reliable educational certification programs tailored specifically for various circumstances and needs for the job. The scheme focusses on making the candidate gain knowledge on topics of Welding Metallurgy, Welding Symbols & Geometry, Welding Imperfections, Welding & Cutting Processes, Visual Inspection and application of various codes. The course focusses on making the candidate a knowledgeable and expert welding inspector.
|Start Date||End Date||Duration||Venue||Registration|
|15th Jan 2024||25th Jan 2024||10 day(s)||Classroom||Register|
|4th Mar 2024||13th Mar 2024||10 day(s)||Classroom||Register|
|7th Oct 2024||16th Oct 2024||10 day(s)||Classroom||Register|
Welding Foremen, Site Inspectors, QA/QC Inspectors, Site Incharge, Engineers and Supervisors, Erection Engineers, Production Engineers, NDT Professionals, Experienced Welders, Construction Engineers
MINIMUM EDUCATION & MINIMUM WORK EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor or higher degree in welding engineering welding technology - 4 years maximum substitution Minimum of 1 year welding based work experience.
- Associate or higher degree in welding or non-welding related engineering technology, engineering, or a physical science - 3 years maximum substitution
- Minimum of 2 years welding based work experience Engineering/Technical courses that can be applied to Bachelor or higher degree in Welding - 2 years maximum substitution.
- Minimum of 3 years welding based work experience Trade/Vocational courses - 1 year maximum substitution for successfully completed courses.
- Minimum of 4 years welding based work experience High school diploma or approved high school equivalency diploma Minimum of 5 years welding based work experience.
- 8th grade level of schooling Minimum of 9 years welding based work experience
- Less than 8th grade Minimum of 12 years welding based work experience
The seminar will be of 9 days.
Part A : Fundamentals will be covered in 4 days. Here, we will be covering AWS QC1:2016, Duties and Responsibilities, Safety, Metallurgy (Carbon and low-alloy steel), Welding & cutting Processes, Brazing, Soldering, Symbols – Welding and NDE, Documentation, Matric practices, Welding Inspection, Welding Discontinuities, Heat Control & Weld Examination, Visual inspection and other NDE methods, Welding procedure & Performance.
Part B: Practical applications will be covered in 3 days. We will cover Workmanship Requirements and Visual Inspection Acceptance Criteria – Structural Steel, Pipeline, Pressure Piping, Procedure Qualification Requirements, Performance Qualification Requirements. You will be handling, under expert guidance, tools, gauges and instruments from the kits approved by AWS. The specimens / samples / replicas will be those purchased from AWS. You will be learning the inspection methodology and application of the acceptance / rejection criteria on these specimens / samples / replicas.
Part C: The next 2 days will be invested in learning the required codes. This is Part C of the examination. Generally, we cover API 1104 code for Part C (other codes will be covered as per the candidate’s requirement). In API 1104, we will be covering PQR, Materials and Design, Fabrication, Inspection and Qualification. The other codes that will be covered based on requirement, are AWS D1.1 Structural Steel, AWS D1.2 Structural Aluminium, AWS D1.5 Bridge Welding, AWS D15.1 Railroad, AWS D17.1 Aerospace, ASME Pressure Vessel Section VIII, Div. 1 and Section IX, ASME Pressure Piping B31.1 and B31.3, and Pressure Vessel Section IX, AWS Structural Bolting Inspection.