The duties and responsibilities of a welding inspector; fusion welding processes; typical weld defects; types of steel; carbon-manganese, low alloy and stainless steels; hardening of steels; weldability; heat treatment; parent metal defects; visual inspection; testing parent metals and welds; destructive tests; NDT techniques; welder and procedure approval; codes and standards; outline of safe working practices; practice in examination questions; continuous and end-of-course assessment.
- To understand factors which influence the quality of fusion welds in steels
- To recognize characteristics of commonly used welding processes in relation to quality control
- To interpret drawing instructions and symbols to ensure that specifications are met
- To set up and report on inspection of welds, macro sections and other mechanical tests
- To assess and report on welds to acceptance levels
- To confirm that incoming material meets stipulated requirements and recognize the effects on weld quality of departure from specification.
|Start Date||End Date||Duration||Venue||Registration|
|4th Jan 2024||20th Jan 2024||14 day(s)||Classroom||Register|
|11th Apr 2024||26th Apr 2024||14 day(s)||Classroom||Register|
|11th Jul 2024||26th Jul 2024||14 day(s)||Classroom||Register|
|9th Oct 2024||25th Oct 2024||14 day(s)||Classroom||Register|
Inspectors, technologists, engineers, or experienced welders and welding supervisors who are involved in new welding fabrication, repairs, alteration, or inspection of welded pressure equipment.
- Welding Inspector for a minimum of 3 years with experience related to the duties and responsibilities.
- Certified Visual Welding Inspector for a minimum of 2 years with job responsibilities in the areas listed in
- Welding Instructor or Welding Foreman / Supervisor for a minimum of one year.
Preparatory Training Course will be of 9 days with theory and practical training and the mockup on the last day of training.
TWI CSWIP 3.1 Scheme course (seminar) is of 5 days consisting of 4 days’ classroom / online training & 1 day final examination.